WHO ARE WE?
- Learn to Fish, Inc. is a Faith-Based, Non-Profit 501(c)(3) Residential Recovery Center for women and children.
- We offer high-quality treatment in a real home-like atmosphere that until now, was only
available to those who could afford the $20,000 – $30,000 for a month at a “traditional” recovery center. Our rates are based on a sliding scale that makes recovery possible for all women who want help.
- Learn to Fish is a program that encompasses Mind, Body, and Spirit. We offer a 90-day program that includes a full assessment of each woman’s individual needs, medications, room and board, daily AA or NA meetings, weekly church services at various churches who support us and our women, recreational and fun outings and activities, fundraising activities as well as the following:
- Anger Management
- Emotional Maturity
- Loss & Grief
- Dating and Marriage
- Relapse Prevention
- Healthy Boundaries
- Parenting in Recovery
- Employment Readiness
- Recovery Life Skills
- Therapeutic Art and Music
- Professional Assessments for Addiction and Mental Health
- Life Coaching
- Spiritual Mentoring
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Master Level Therapist
- Certified Addictions Specialist
- Courtroom Advocacy
Medication & Therapy
We take the residents and their children to all needed appointments and provide daily medical management as needed. We also provide master’s level group and individual therapy.
- Group therapy sessions include:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Recognizing and Developing Healthy Boundaries
WHERE ARE WE LOCATED?
- Our Recovery Center is located in Manatee County, in a small town called Oneco. Conveyed to us by Manatee County, our 4,000 Sq. Ft. luxury recovery center offers a “homelike” atmosphere…because it is a real home! Our clients do their own shopping, plan meals and share responsibilities such as cooking and mealtime clean up.
WHAT ARE OUR PRIMARY GOALS?
- To provide Women the necessary resources to fully recover from pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization.
- To assist those we serve to find their purpose in life, to regain their sense of self and at the very least, help them to become receptive to the unalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!
- To raise public awareness and recruit as many people as possible who are willing to help us put an end to this horrible evil
- To teach those we serve to love the Lord God with all of their hearts, mind and souls; to love their neighbors as themselves and to do our best to model that for ourselves on a daily basis.
WHAT HAVE WE ACCOMPLISHED?
- Our Recovery Program has assisted over 700 Women and Children to heal from the devastation associated with being a victim of many types of abuse, sex trafficking, and the substance abuse that ensues in an attempt to numb their pain, since opening our doors in 2007.
- We have directly assisted in the reunification process of over 322 Mothers and Children.
- LTF has developed and implemented a recovery program for female inmates as well as a court advocacy program. Our staff has traveled all over the state of Florida to advocate for Women in need!
- Victims of Sex Trafficking are frequently arrested for prostitution which gives us an opportunity to identify them and provide a way out for victims. We work with Public Defenders, States Attorney’s office and Judges on a voluntary basis to try to get Women sentenced to the treatment they need and get them out of dangerous situations and into safety. in lieu of Jail time. LTF has also established a court advocacy program.
- Out of the past 676 Female Offenders from the Manatee and Sarasota County Jail who have participated in our program, 523 have not re-offended.
- Many of our previous participants are currently employed as licensed or certified professionals, 58 are attending college or a vocational-technical institute and several have started their own businesses.
- Our safe housing provides everything necessary to heal and start life over with a solid foundation.
We are so blessed to have been able to help hundreds of Women recover from absolute hopelessness and step into the life that God has had planned for them.
We’ve spent a lot of time and resources focusing on improving the quality of services we offer, to make sure the Women we serve will truly recover from the trauma and abuse they’ve lived through.
There is no better investment than in the lives of Mothers and Children right here in our own back yards. As mothers change for the better, it has a direct effect on their children. We are doing our part to end the cycle of abuse and hopelessness.
Helping to support Learn to Fish is an opportunity to leave a Legacy for generations to come!
Like us on Facebook!